No matter which part of the world you live in, as a small business or independent professional, you would have to pay tax and file your returns every year. That’s an inescapable truth!
Most people hate the process of filing a return more than they hate paying tax. That’s because of how tedious it is. In recent times though, electronic filing has become quite popular. But you still need to maintain your financial records in such a way that when it’s time to file your returns, you can easily find the documents required. Thanks to Sohodox small business document management software, organizing and retrieving those records is no longer a pain. Let’s see why…
- Scan your documents: The range of scanning features in Sohodox allows you to scan and add single-page and multi-page documents individually as well as in batches. You can also save scanning profiles that frequently use – this saves you productive time.
- Organize documents: Sohodox not only allows you to arrange your documents by folders; you can also assign tags (labels) to each document and find the document by its tag when you need it. Document types is another feature that stores information about the type of document and its related data; e.g. for Bank Statements, Bank Name, Account Type, Statement Period, etc. This helps you find the required document based on its document type.
- Search features: Besides the Quick Search, Sohodox offers Advanced Search where you can choose multiple criteria to find the document you are looking for. If you use a particular set of search criteria frequently, you can save it – this will cut down your search time considerably in the future.
- Multi-user access: Document relevant to tax matters may not just be handled by the small business owner. Their assistant or other office staff too might need to work with them. Often the scanning and organizing is done by the assistants while retrieval is done by the small business owner themselves. Sohodox allows more than one user to access the application simultaneously (not the same document though). This helps speed up work, especially when the tax filing date is not too far!
- Easy to backup and restore: Sohodox ships with a backup and restore utility that makes backing up and restoring your Sohodox DB very easy. The utility supports encrypted and multi-volume backups.
Besides the above, there are numerous other features that you can use to boost your efficiency in managing your tax-related documents. If you have not yet used Sohodox, now is the time to start – this will make you ready to file or e-file your tax returns next year without the pains of having to shuffle stacks of paper!